Dinesh S. Sabnis
Senior Leader – Sports Educator & Administrator
Awarded: Indian Sports Life Time Achievement Award -Cricket
Rajya Puraskar (Govt. of Maharashtra)
Atal National Award
Global Teacher Award
Teacher Innovation Award
Rashtriya Shiksha Ratan Award
A passionate and Strategic Senior Sports Educator, with an impressive background in Teaching & School Administrative Operations.
I have 2 decades of experience in teaching, formulating, planning, analyzing, evaluating and leading key strategic initiatives and integration projects across the entire gamut of fitness and sports related activities.
Being a member of the Senior Management team for most of my career, I have remained responsible for developing and implementing a plan for promotion of the sports department.
Spearheading the development of vision, mission, strategies, planning, program goals and objectives, to include development, implementation, and on-going assessment of the strategic plan, I have a proven track record of evaluating, developing and implementing sports programs, activities, and formulating effective recommendations to enhance the existing performance of the teams.
• National Human Right& Humanitarian Federation- Chairman (Maharashtra)
• Atal Bharat Sports & Cultural Association- Senior Vice President
• International AccreditationOrganization – Certified Professional
• Quality Council of India (QCI) -LifeMember
• Board of Quality Standard - LifeMember
• Indian Association of SportsMedicine- LifeMember
S U M M A R Y
Managing Process& Systems
Student Centered | Leadership | Budget Operations | Revenue Generation |
Physical Training | Cost Efficiency
Teaching – Physical
January 2008 - June 2010 - Podar Sports Academy - Cricket Coach (Special Topics)
July 2010 – December 2012 - Oberoi International School, Mumbai - IB Board - PYP PSPE Educator
February 2013 – August 2013 - Insportz Club, Dubai-UAE - Sports CenterManager
March 2014 –March 2016 - LR & SM Vissanji Academy,Mumbai - ICSE Board - Sports Director & PE HOD
July 2016 – June 2017- EcoleMondialeWorld School (IB School) - Director Of Sports Activities & PYP - PE Leader
October 1998 – June 2010 - Mumbai Customs. Government of India - Tax Assistant & Cricket Player
• Certification in School Leadership & Management – NCSL, NEIPA.
• Certified in Professional Sport Management from International Olympic Committee.
• Certification in University Teaching – University of Hong Kong
• Certification in Optimal Nutrition- Harvard University
• International Teacher Certification- International Teacher College- London, UK
• Certified in Assessment and making PYP (IB Broad).
• Certified in Coaching Sports from National Middle School Association – USA.
• Completed Level-2 in Sports Coaching specializing in Cricket (QCA Qualification-UK).
• Completed Level-2 in Coaching Swimming from American Swimming Coach Association & Swimming Federation of India.
• Certified Coach in Strength and Conditioning from International Youth Conditioning Association – USA.
• Certified in Personal Training & Exercise Program Design from Fitness Education Worldwide - CA, USA.
• Completed Level-1 in Tennis (Instructor) from Kinesis Academy, Bangalore.
SPORTS & TEACHING ACHIEVEMENTS
• Represented for Mumbai Cricket Team in Ranji Trophy 1997 to 1999 .
• Represented for Mumbai Cricket Team in (U-19) Cooch Bihar Trophy 1995 to 1997 .
• Indian Sports Life Time Achievement Award in Cricket – SRI, Delhi (Recognized by-Ministry of Youth & Sports)
• Rajya Puraskar – Govt. Of Maharashtra
• Global Teacher Award- AKS Education, Delhi
• Teacher Innovation Award- ZIIEI
• Rashtriya Shiksha Ratan Award- AIIPPHS, Delhi
• AGM-Physical Education& Activity in Ashoka Group of Schools, Nashik (IGCSE& ICSE Board) .
• Director of Sports Activities& PYP-PELeader in EcoleMondialeWorld School (IB Board).
• Sports Director in LR & SM Vissanji School,Mumbai . (ICSE Board)
• CentreManager in In-Sports Club, Dubai .
• Physical Education Teacher in Oberoi International School for PYP& Cambridge Lower Secondary ProgramCurriculum (IGCSE & IB Board).
• Cricket Coach & Consultant for Ocean’s Corporate .
• Cricket Coach in Podar Sports Academy for Special Topics .
• Fitness Trainer in multiple Sports Camps .
SIGNIFICANT APPOINTMENTS AND LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
MANAGING THROUGH PROCESSES AND SYSTEMS
• Designs practices, processes, and procedures necessary to get things done. Gets more out of fewer resources. Creates systems that manage themselves.
• Sets clear, well-defined outcomes for desired results and tracks progress.
• Breaks down objectives into actionable steps with targeted deadlines.
• Leverages and uses resources efficiently and creatively to achieve desired outcomes.
BUILDING EFFECTIVE TEAMS
• Builds cohesive teams of people within the organization. Shares wins and success such that each team member feels valuable and appreciated. Guides teams to establish and achieve goals.
• Creates high performance environment where others pull together to get things done.
• Promotes collaboration and removes obstacles to teamwork.
• Celebrates successes and rewards team achievements.
• Monitors and evaluates team successes and challenges while providing productive feedback.
• Is a people builder. Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Constructs compelling development plans and executes them. Pushes direct reports to accept developmental moves.
• Gives people assignments that help to develop their abilities.
• Work collaboratively with direct reports to set meaningful performance objectives.
• Meets regularly with direct reports to review developmental progress.
• Recognizes and reinforces developmental efforts and improvements.
V A L U E A D D I T I O N
C E R T I F I C A T I O N S
• Provides leadership and oversight to the entire athletics, physical education and recreation department including offering strategic direction as the department adjusts to the needs of the institution.
• Spearheads overall operations of and planning for the department of physical education, recreation and athletics, including selection, supervision and development of professional and student staff.
• Teaching Higher Grades ,Physical Education as Board Subject for IGCSE , IB & ICSE Curriculum
• Exercises strategic, sound fiscal management including budgeting and financial planning, forecasting, reporting, revenue generation, and cost efficiency. oversee annual operating and restricted budgets and stewardship of the department’s fiscal and facility resources.
• Directs event scheduling andmanagement of community and public relations on behalf of the department.
• Administers high quality, student-centered, innovative, and cost effective programs.
• Oversees the planning, supervision, assessment, and evaluation of the academic department including its programs, services, and personnel.
• Provides leadership in the development and assessment of course, program, and institutional student learning outcomes.
• Facilitates continuous improvement activities and lead change to ensure the department remains responsive to student and scholar athlete needs.
• Managing delivery of curriculum and extra curriculum activity and work.
• Organizing and providing coaching opportunities.
• Liaising with the school’s academic staff for successful implementation/delivery.
• Teaching activities include classroom instruction, directing projects, assisting with student research and internships. Classroom instructions include lectures, seminars and courses in the field of sports and physical training.
• Mentor and advise students on their development, including choices relating to academic programs, research projects and career directions. Participate in the development, design and revision of curriculum offered.
• Remains as the face of the institution and accessible champion while advocating for the scholar athlete experience and the programs of physical education, recreation and athletics.
• Enhances and sustains a culture of academic and competitive excellence leading to sustained scholar athlete engagement with intercollegiate athletics.
• Works collaborativelywith coaches and the office of admissions on the strategic recruitment of scholar athletes.
• Develops relationshipswith alumnae and development, particularly in support of the athletics program.
• Provides strategic direction and oversight for the maintenance, construction and restoration of the athletics and recreational facilities with designs for future facility needs.
• Encourages and promotes a diverse and inclusive community among all students, departmental faculty, and staff.
• Oversees the on-going professional development of the department faculty and staff.
• Ensures compliance with institutional policies and procedures.
• 2017: City University & Universidad Empresarial De Costa Rica (Dual Degree) - Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Education.
• 2015: Alison College- Ireland - Diploma in Physical Education .
• 2013: Apex College (TGO University) -Master in Arts (Physical Education) .
• 2011: Source One Education Society College (Sikkim Manipal University) - Bachelor in Physiotherapy .
• 2007: Apollo Hospital (Dr Ambedkar Open University) - P.G. Diploma in Holistic Health.
• 2006: Universidad San Juan Dela Cruz - BBA- Sports Management .
• 2001: RA Podar College (Mumbai University) - Bachelor in Commerce .